Who you are
As a person you are passionate about people and their well-being. You understand an impact of optimizing people planning process in different units - for co-workers, customers and business – when as a result we ensure that all IKEA co-workers have a viable working schedule.
You have knowledge about global and country people planning approaches and market and legal requirements in people planning. You have an overview about current scheduling processes and time keeping software used to create. You have practice in organizing, storing and maintaining records and information.
You accomplish goals, complete tasks and achieve results. You know how to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility. You express ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication.
In the role as People Planning Specialist, you optimize people planning practices and co-workers schedules. You are responsible for continuously seeking and coordinating business opportunities through optimized people planning, focused on IKEA co-workers, customers and the IKEA business with IKEA values at core.
What you'll be doing day to day
• Implement people planning strategy at unit level, following principles/guidelines as localized by the Country P&C team
• Ensuring adherence to IKEA employment standards, legal, and union requirements related to People Planning in the unit
• Contribute to the unit’s complete people planning process from forecasting to the execution of the schedule by posting draft schedules timely, ensuring scheduled hours include planned absences and liaising on the development of final schedules with department managers in order to respond to co-worker, customer and business needs Identify possible improvements in the unit people planning process and escalate any potential deviation to the Unit P&C manager when the scheduled or actual hours exceed the agreed financial framework.
• Ensure that the unit’s people planning process supports developing our talents and enable them to deliver an excellent and personal customer meeting.
• Collaborate with recruiting manager and Unit P&C generalist to ensure vacancies are filled with the right contract type, to secure the right preconditions for the co-worker to create a great customer meeting
• Ensure unit co-worker awareness and knowledge of the people planning process and their role in it through education, training and support.
In this role you will report to the People & Culture Unit Manager.
Together as a team
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.
At IKEA, we like to give you the space to take control of your own development and growth. We believe in entrepreneurship and initiative and want to make it easy for you. In the first few weeks/months, you will be offered a 5-step development plan to get you started, with enough personal space to create the learning moments you need.
We offer this structure and a supportive network of colleagues who will make sure you feel comfortable in this situation and give you time to learn, make mistakes and develop.
In addition to competitive remuneration, we offer:
- End-of-year bonus, holiday pay and sector premium
- A commuting allowance with an additional allowance if you come by bike
- Private leasing of an electric bike, we are happy to give you a boost
- Comprehensive hospitalisation insurance, including private accidents with the option of death cover
- Pension savings
- A leave savings plan: choose how you want your late/early hours (before 7h and from 19h) to be paid out: a supplement on your salary or in holiday hours
- A canteen where you can eat delicious food at very democratic prices. If you work for IKEA FOOD, you'll even eat for free!
- IKEA Tack! Bonus, an additional deposit into your retirement savings based on our global results
- ONE IKEA Bonus: an additional bonus based on your shop's results, paid out in December
- IKEA Benefits at work: a great discount with our partners
- IKEA staff discount 15% on all your purchases
- Team outings & staff parties, because togetherness is very important to us
- A nice extra in case of legal cohabitation/marriage/birth to celebrate the beautiful moments
- We offer you a schedule 6 weeks in advance to better plan your work-life. Our shops close at 8pm (Friday 9pm).