The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To be part of the finance organisation in Ikano Retail Mexico supporting Service Office and Store to grow our IKEA businesses by ensuring accurate and timely work practices on recording of journals and inventory functions, preparation of accounting schedules and tax recording as well as accounts reconciliation.
- Co-ordinate with SO/Store to ensure the agreed deadline on monthly closing and reporting is met.
- Prepare/ensure accurate and timely recording of journal entries (depreciation/amortization/reclass/accruals and provisions).
- Prepare and maintain prepayment amortization and accruals schedules
- Reconcile monthly GL accounts and subledger balances (like inventory/prepayment/other assets/accruals).
- Prepare monthly schedules and ensure no unreconciled transactions.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of inventory reports and related inventory transactions or adjustments.
- Prepare monthly intercompany confirmations
- Payroll related posting.
- Maintain the fixed assets register and coordinate with the Store and IT to have yearly assets and inventory check and reconciliation.
- Ensure withholding tax compliance and submit related GST and WHT.
- Ensure timely, accurate and consistent compliance with the accounting standards and tax regulations of the recorded financial transaction.
- Assist Assistant Finance Manager/Finance Manager when needed
- Assist and prepare schedules and documents for statutory audit, internal audit or tax audit.
- Support and provide training to Store/Service Office Finance relating to General Accounting or Tax reporting.
- Archiving of Accounting documents.
- Backup for treasury report, Ikano Retail and ISA Controller reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- At least 3 years working experience on General Accounting and Inventory functions
- CPA is an advantage
- Knowledgeable in local tax legislation and corporate requirements on documentation and archiving
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics MVBC will be an advantage
- Exposure in retail industry will be an advantage
- Experience in leading a team is preferred
- Possess an accounting diploma / partially completion of degree course with a minimum of 5 years working experience on Full Set Accounts roles
- Experience in MVBC will be an advantage.
- Exposure in retail industry will be an advantage.
Please apply by 11 October 2022