The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To be a strategic partner to the Finance Manager in establishing a competent finance organisation in Ikano Retail, to support the growth of the IKEA. The role provides financial leadership to ensure that Finance Department contributes effectively towards the achievement of organisational financial goals.
- Maintains accounting controls, secures local compliance and ensure that policies & procedures as defined in Ikano Retail’s policies & accounting manual are followed as well as those outlined by Group (under Lux GAAP) and local FRS/ IFRS.
- Coordination & production of the P&L and Balance Sheet each month.
- Coordinate, enter and report actual, budget and forecast submissions in Cognos Controller and TM1 for Ikano Retail and ISA Group Finance.
- Coordinate the statutory audit process, provide the documentation for the auditors and production of the audited financial statement.
- Monitoring cashflow including review of scheduled payments and manual customer refunds.
- Review all the accounting and audit schedules.
- Ensuring tax compliance for the company by reviewing monthly GST submission & corporate tax Return.
- Maintains accounting controls by defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with bankers for financing or disbursements requirements.
- Participate in finance related projects, identify project requirements and support roll-out of the projects.
- Supporting the Finance Manager on human resource matters.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in developing, setting directions and goals for the team as well as following them up.
- Other ad-hoc tasks to ensure smooth operations of Finance and Accounting in supporting the Organization’s operations.
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant Accounting & Finance experience, CPA is an advantage.
- Good communication skills with strong identification with IKEA culture and values
- Good command of written & spoken English and local language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics MVBC will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and coach a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a team and in a multinational environment, with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter that shows initiative and takes responsibilities.
- Driven by result and business impact.
- Desire to always look for the most pragmatic and efficient, yet compliant, way of working.
- Exposures in retail industry will be an advantage.
Please apply by 29 October 2022.