The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We are looking for people with solid knowledge & experiences of production processes and technologies, you have capability to evaluate the suppliers technical and quality performance to produce products, genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements.
You have ability to make decisions and solve problems with holistic view.
High energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together with the suppliers and co-workers in IKEA.
About the assignment
Production Engineer will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Lead the running range towards the suppliers and secure the supply chain is robust with an effective quality management system, right quality and full compliance to IKEA requirements at all time
- Responsible for supplier development for quality and manufacturing with a long term view to identify and implement action of related projects to secure suppliers production can achieve quality, capacity, throughput and cost expectation;
- Responsible for continuously improve the supplier’s production processes
- Lead industrialization of minor new product development and contribute with competence to other news developments incl. product/production risk assessment
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems
- Be an IKEA ambassador of IKEA values always and do business with Fact-based Business Leadership
- Very good knowledge of production processes and technologies
- Very good knowledge of IKEA requirements, standards and test methods
- Very good at evaluate the suppliers technical capability and Quality performance to produce the IKEA product(s)
- Good knowledge of Democratic design and customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness and products critical to quality (CTQ)
- Good knowledge of Quality assurance set up including cost calculation and materials
- Good knowledge of Lean production methods and tools (Root cause, FMEA, fishbone etc)
- Good knowledge IKEA documentation system (e.g. PDOC and CONNECT) · Understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, IKEA Business model for growth and key processes (e.g. PDP, SDP, DPOP) and IKEA Purchasing Manual
- Understanding of relevant Category Plans and Total Cost
- Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements
- Result oriented, high energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together with suppliers and in IKEA Sense of urgency and a never compromise attitude towards quality
- Eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes
- Interest and drive to build trust and partnership to reach common goals
- Process oriented with good analytical skills and a structured approach
- Ability to lead projects and implementation to secure product quality and customer satisfaction for a reasonable price
- Capability to build trust and relationships, for long term business partnership by act in reality
- Engage and motivate people by sharing experiences and coaching others
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view; always act with the customer, supplier and total IKEA in mind
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal
The location of this position in Shanghai. We are look forward to receiving your application in English. Prefer to have raw material, plastic or modeling background. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously so do not delay, welcome with your application!