The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Checkout Manager and Team Leaders, you ensure an easy-buying experience for IKEA customers in a high volume and fast paced environment throughout the complete payment process by ensuring the check-out service is efficient for the customer and ensuring payments are handled in a reliable, accurate and friendly way.
- Assist in the opening and closing of the check-out counter, which includes and but not limited to cash handling and deposit.
- Support customers with their enquires and help resolve escalated issues with customers
- Assist customers to scan products, operate scanning equipment and fix transaction technical issues
- Handles cash transactions and receive and process all payments according to standard operating procedures
- Completes, process and maintain applicable paper work and records to maintain cash registry accuracy.
- Support the administration process in cash office in accordance to the standard operating procedures and compliance.
- Understand the department standard operation procedures and conforms to ensure compliance to department audits
- Support the department in achieving its KPIs and main actions.
- To multi-task and support other functions with the Customer Relations Department, when required
- You are customer-service oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a committed and responsible team player who is able to cope in a fast paced environment
- You are meticulous, detailed oriented, highly observant and comfortable with handling cash transaction
- You are computer literate and able to multi-task and work under pressure
- You have strong integrity and sincerity
- You are hands on and physically fit to with-stand pro-long hours of standing and handle heavy merchandise
- You can commit working on AM/PM shift, including weekends and public holidays