The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To lead the Facilities and Safety & Security teams across the IKEA stores in Singapore to secure the right pre-conditions are in place to enable an efficient, consistent and compliant daily operations.
• Motivate and lead both Safety & Security and Facilities team across stores through recruitment and retention strategies, create inclusive culture and develop the skills of all co-workers;
• Partnering with regional Compliance Manager, perform internal checks and audits to ensure operations in accordance with internal steering documents, regulatory and business requirements imposed by Inter-IKEA Systems. Conduct or coordinate relevant compliance monitoring activities, establish new metrics, trend reports, etc;
• Work closely with Singapore Business Navigator to oversee budget for operating cost and review CAPEX/OPEX expenditures across the stores related to facilities management and safety & security;
• Review monthly performance metrices with Facilities Manager and Safety & Security Manager and provide solutions to drive operational excellence. Implement and ensure systematic KPI requirements are measures, reported, analysed and actioned appropriately;
• Lead the Safety & Security team to ensure the rules, regulations and guidelines from the IKEA Group Risk Manual and local legislations are implemented and monitored to safeguard all co-workers and visitors;
• Lead the Facilities team to secure store in shape as new, maintain short to mid to long term plan to organise preventive maintenance and repairs, installations or improvements to ensure smooth running of the store’s operations;
• Maintain proactive liaison with all associated internal and external partners, vendors and stakeholders, maintain contacts with governmental & non-governmental orgs within the scope of Safety & Security.Qualification
• Experience in working with Sustainability and the environment from a facility management perspective;
• Strong communicator and relationship builder both within and outside of own organisation;
• Ability to consistently define, plan and implement projects to optimise desired results;
• Able to handle constantly changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands;
• Experience in inspiring and developing people and act as a role model and coach;
• Have strategic, tactical and operational business partnering experience couple with strong analytical skills, translate business and regulatory requirements and needs into financial consequences and solutions.More Information
Please apply by 31 December 2022