The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
- You have relevant IKEA experience in sales department (preferably in Kitchen furniture and accessories).
- You have relevant experience working with floor plan, kitchen site measurement; in depth knowledge on Ikea furniture planning, layout and installations issues.
- Utilise your knowledge of Active Sales in finding solutions for the customer. You should have a passion for selling IKEA furniture and have the confidence to Actively Sell our IKEA range to the customer.
- Assist the customer to help design their ideal furniture combination and suggest suitable products and arrangements conforming to their ideal design.
- To maximise furniture and accessories sales using knowledge of IKEA range, local market, as well as the IKEA tools and the experience and expertise of your colleagues.
- Know about all the Kitchen planning / buying process and offered IKEA services in the store as delivery, assembly, installation, and finance schemes and use the knowledge to help customers make informed choices which results in a better shopping experience for them.
- Have in depth knowledge in the Ikea Home Planner allow you to assist and coach the customers and your colleagues in planning Ikea furniture according to specifications, taking into consideration all the Ikea planning criteria.
- You have the skill to draw a furniture plan by hand when the Ikea Home Planner is unavailable and describe the minimum measurements that are required to plan a functional furniture.
- Have an eye for details, responsible to cross check kitchen drawing planned by your colleagues to minimise potential errors.
- Work with kitchen service provider closely to ensure Ikea furniture are delivered and installed on time according to planned specification.
- Support a customer-friendly and efficient execution of the payments (including remote payments), exchange & returns processes.
- Support your manager in executing department commercial plan, activities and promotions.
- Ensure that my work area is in excellent shape as new, and that a high level of merchandising basics is always in place.
- You have an interest in Sales and home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- You have experience in planning, designing and selling furniture in a retail environment.
- You will have the ability to work with customers on their desired furniture layout, and accurately complete complex purchases.
- You must be flexible and available to work on weekends, Public holidays and shift works.
Please apply by 30-Apr-2023