What you'll need to have
• You use your expertise to communicate effectively to stakeholders to handle, contain or resolve emergencies and disasters.
• You make well balanced decisions taking different business, people and ethical perspectives into consideration.
• You act with a strong sense of integrity and high ethical standards to ensure that safety and security is handled in a holistic and proactive respective.
• You have a university degree and/or proven knowledge in the field of international occupational health & safety, fire safety or security.
• You have a minimum 5 years of experience in the field of international occupational health & safety, fire safety or security.
What you'll be doing day to day
• Support the realization of the Business Risk & Compliance plan within the area of responsibility.
• Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders to secure the safety and security of customers, co-workers, units and assets throughout the country and all
business within Ingka.
• Adapt, implement and operate global occupational health & safety, fire safety and security frameworks based on risk context, business needs, local regulation
• Facilitate and conduct operational risk assessments with stakeholders in all businesses and functions, develop risk treatment and monitor progress.
• Secure effective incident and crisis handling including registration, root cause analysis and loss estimation.
• Responsible to coordinate Country Critical Information Flow to quickly and appropriately inform all relevant stakeholders in case of potential crisis.
• Perform internal investigations with the purpose to find facts and translate to preventative actions in, including root cause analysis, misconduct and other
• Collaborate with the business to detect, analyze and reduce fraud to minimize business loss and financial impact.
• Deliver subject matter expertise and guidance in the area of occupational health & safety, fire safety and security to provide support and secure operational
excellence throughout the Country.
• Secure the right competence and knowledge in units and country organization by facilitating learning activities and competence networks.
• Lead and inspire a risk and compliance performance mind-set, raise risk awareness and promote a risk culture throughout the country organization, and thereby
support growth and maximization of business value.
About this work area
You could think that we have supernatural powers, but the truth is that our team is really great at putting our insights together to detect potential risks early on. We’re a diverse group of people who work together to protect and strengthen the IKEA brand through our laser focus on risk management, data protection, compliance, business operations, health and safety. Thanks to us our assets, co-workers, visitors and customers can feel safe. At least we think that’s pretty cool!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as: Safety & Security Leader
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.