Vacatures > Shopkeeper (Thumamah Store)
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us and help us create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
Optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing. The shopkeeper optimizes sales and profitability of the department through following up, conducting analyses and taking actions. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you. You actively work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store:
- to act as a highly efficient, and staffed sales mechanism
- to show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring home furnishing ideas
- to serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
- to provide a day out for the whole family.
- Ensure you have the right number of competent co-workers in the right place at the right time and securing that they are fully able and available to serve customers and actively help them to buy.
- Ensure the shop is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your store. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritized products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products to maximize sales and long-term profitability.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You keep an active eye on the competition and take appropriate action when necessary which you communicate to your matrix partner in the Service Office.
- You develop your team and its individual members and ensure you have a succession in place.
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a customer-oriented business.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs. Interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing.
- Open to change/highly flexible.
- Ability to work together in a team.
- Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
- Sales profile personality index (PI) test
- Clear and proven ability to meet and exceed customers’ demands and thereby sell more.
- The IKEA values reflect your own values.
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.