You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. Come see things a little differently with us and help us create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.Job description
- Implement and improve the approved Safety Management System and Security Management System and audit all departments against both systems.
- Ensure compliance with IKEA Risk Management standards via a regular series of audits, follow-up, education & training and reports.
- Ensure that Physical security of the store is maintained to its optimum level at all times.
- Conduct random spot checks on cashiers through CCTV, observations & till checks.
- Validating & signing off all the cyclic inventory and ensure that they are taking place in a timely & efficient manner throughout the store.
- Ensure all Loss prevention security systems are functioning and maintained at an effective operational level at all times. These systems include, Intrusion, Panic and Hold-Up alarms, Evacuation System, Communications Systems, Camera Systems and Access Control Systems, etc.
- Support the Safety & Security Manager in meeting or exceeding P&L objectives i.e. reducing fraud, securing and protecting IKEA assets, helping in insurance claims.
- Investigate & report any loss or discrepancies in the Inventory counts.
- Conduct internal and external theft and fraud investigations.
- Support the Safety & Security Manager in implementing effective response measures and actions after a security or safety incident has taken place.
- Partner with managers and co-workers to influence and support an overall positive working environment to include actions to secure a safe working environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment within the retail or home furnishing sector in Bahrain ideally.
- Bilingual with strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Aware of standard loss prevention, health, safety and security principles.
- Basic knowledge of local criminal/civil laws, labor laws and fire regulations.
- Must have a customer-oriented personality, a high degree of integrity and professional responsibility.
- NEBOSH IGC Certification is preferred
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
At IKEA we have our customers always in focus and we are there for them at any time they shop with us. This means that we expect you to be there as well, also during the evenings and weekends.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together.