Who you are
You love sales, have a passion for home furnishing and a desire to lead and motivate your own team within a leader retailer. You desire a role to lead a significant Home Furnishing Business and are energised to drive sales growth. You have experience managing and leading a retail store or a large home furnishing department with demonstrated success in driving sales growth. You have an energetic leadership style; you thrive on the buzz you can only get from those unpredictable days. You have the ability to influence and communicate effectively and a true customer advocate that provides rapid customer-focused problem solving with a smile on your face. You are also available to work across the store opening hours, including some late night and every other weekend.
As a Sales Department Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Optimising sales and profitability by taking ownership of the range and actively promoting the IKEA commercial priorities and volume commitments.
• Acting quickly on commercial opportunities and customer feedback, as well as keeping an active eye on competition, supply and performance analysis.
• Knowing your range and presenting the width and depth of the IKEA range in order to satisfy and inspire visitors.
• Ensuring that the shop is in excellent shape and fully stocked at all times so that customers can make a buying decision on their own.
• Creating an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with your team and other colleagues while providing an inspiring and motivating direction for co-workers and engaging them fully in the IKEA objectives.
Together as a team
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. We have knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs and we constantly find new ways of making real connections with our customers to maximize sales and profitability. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life!
We offer many benefits at IKEA other than just having the opportunity to work for a global company! Along with a focus on your personal and career development goals and being a part of an inclusive culture driven by values, you will be entitled to great initiatives including above award rates, competitive salaries, 5 weeks of annual leave, co-worker discount, subsidised meals in our co-worker restaurant, free parking and our TACK! loyalty program. If you’re interested in working with us, apply now!
This opportunity is permanent full time, 76 hours per/fortnight.