Who you are
IKEA Australia will be opening a Plan and Order Point in the Northern Beaches! This is an exciting opportunity for us to bring IKEA to the many people.
Do you have a deep understanding of customer behaviour, home furnishing and life at home? Have you got knowledge or are you open to learning ways to sell and improve the customer journey? If so, we are looking for you!
You are someone who demonstrates a passion for IKEA products and actively learn about their features and benefits and share this knowledge with customers and co-workers. You are creative and have a keen eye for aesthetics and detail. You show a calm and confident approach along with strong communication and customer skills, ensuring we keep the customer in mind no matter what we do.
As an Retail Sales Assistant, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Approach arriving and browsing customers and identify their overall need to support them in the best way by asking the right questions.
• Support and consult the self-planning customer, identify opportunities and check the self-planned solution by securing a good process from the beginning.
• Prepare meetings with customers and lead in a 1:1 appointment through your planning proposal by communicating benefits and adapting through understanding the customer feedback to convert the planning offer into an order.
• Offer all relevant available services, finalise, reassure and complement the shopping cart to give the customers a good feeling. Guide the customer through the payment process and contact the customer for after sales service.
• Secure an efficient return process including system handling and if needed communication with the store and return goods handling.
• Practise Active Selling whilst maintaining profitability by knowing and actively steering towards the top-selling and prioritised products.
• Prepare product presentation and secure merchandising basics. Ensure all customer material and digital solutions are ready to use - to give customers a positive shopping experience.
• Demonstrate IKEA values and sustainability commitments to emphasise the difference between IKEA and all other Furniture Sellers.
Together as a team
Our mission is to enable extraordinary growth in a new era by creating a simple, unique, and seamless meeting whenever and wherever our customers want to meet with IKEA, securing efficient processes and operations in the market.
These roles are permanent part time (40-60hrs/fortnight) and full time based in the Plan & Order Point, Northern Beaches.
This role will have you begin training in the IKEA Rhodes store for 2-3 months subject to the commencement of the Plan and Order Point in the Northern Beaches.
• If your application is successful, you will receive a call or be requested to complete a short video interview.
• If successful, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview at IKEA Rhodes.
• If successful for a position, your start date may be from late March 2023 onwards.