IKEA Industry Nantong is part of the Flatline unit of IKEA Industry Group. It is located in the New & High-tech Industry Development Zone, Nantong, Jiangsu Province. It covers an area of around 140, 000 square meters and has about 400 co-workers. Industry Nantong was established in 2012, and officially went into production in September, 2013. It is a highly automated furniture production demonstration company invested by IKEA Industry Group in China. Since its opening, Industry Nantong has been committed to realising the IKEA vision, and providing customers with home furnishing products with good quality and affordable prices. The company has created a high-quality, high-performing and competitive furniture manufacturing factory with measures that increase efficiency and reduce costs such as developing new materials, investing in new technologies, improving standardised processes. In terms of sustainable development, Industry Nantong actively respond to the call of the nation and fulfill its social responsibilities. In 2015, with the support of IKEA Industry Group, it invested 28 million RMB in solar photovoltaic power generation, generating power of 3.5 million kWh annually, achieving an annual reduction of CO2 emissions by 3,600 tons. All raw and packaging materials used by the factory are FSC certified, ensuring that the wood comes from quality managed and sustainably developed forests; and the factory is also committed to turning production waste into treasure, with a waste reuse rate of 95%. In recent years, Industry Nantong has been awarded the title of "Top 100 Enterprise" by Tongzhou District, Nantong City for several years in a row. In 2016, it was awarded "Smart Manufacturing Workshop of Jiangsu Province"; in 2019, it was awarded the advanced “Authorized Enterprise Organisation (AEO)”; and in 2020, it was awarded the "Level 2 Safe Production Standardised Enterprise". In the future, IKEA Industry Nantong will continue to practice our business idea of " offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them”, ensuring that the production process is safe and green, constantly improving our certifications and management systems, adhering to the unique IKEA culture and values, and striving to become a model for the home furnishing industry.
• Supervising technological processes in production.
• Develop and update product and process documentation.
• Secure proper specifications for material used in production.
• Creating and updating technical drawings (AutoCAD/ Solid Works).
• Develop and test new production materials (Direct and indirect).
• Implement new product and product changes.
• Evaluate production materials, develop and analyze cost savings plans in production process.
• Update product structures in Movex.
• Ensure and Secure process according to IKEA Specification.
• Coordinate products and materials changes between production departments.
• Coordinate continuous improvement principle to the process by coaching and developing.
• Communicate health and safety aspects related to new implemented materials.
• Demonstrate the principle of co-worker relationships using the IKEA values.
• Ensure the company quality and environmental policy.
• Drive continuous improvements through lean. Identify and implement initiatives.
• Good English skill.
• Skillful in software such as Excel, Word.
• Good at SolidWorks and AutoCAD is preferred.
• Familiar with production process.
• Good at communication, coordination and cross function cooperation.