The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.Job description
- Initiate lead or participate in projects with the aim to improve design for machines and equipment’s in projects including design, assembly, and installation of machines by follow the assembling schedules through the project plans keeping the budget and time frame.
- Responsible for purchase of minor machine parts, transports, tools and components and work with cost consciousness of purchase according to better price for IKEA products.
- Act as deputy Process engineer in the projects and taking full responsibility for design and functionality of the final machine.
- Develop tools and structural knowledge for an efficient and adequate evaluation of the design and its technical documentation.
- Cooperation and communication with IKEA Components P&D in terms of machine and equipment development, quality demands and quality assessment.Question and challenge existing Machines/equipment’s and implement more efficient solutions on existing machines/equipment.
- Together with Process Engineer, create documentation, securing machine/equipment quality and function.
- Have a close cooperation with our machine suppliers to support the development.
- Very good knowledge in technology, robotics, and machinery for packaging dedicated area (bags/cartons)
- Good knowledge of different production processes, cost drivers and material characteristics/performance
- Very good knowledge about mechanical, electric connections/pneumatic, machine control systems and network/computer systems.
- Be updated about packaging technique within the dedicated area (bags/cartons) and IKEA specifications concerning packaging of our products
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Strong ability to work in team and strong in communication and in creating trustful relationships
- Ability to build relationships and co-operate with people in different units and cultures
- High commitment to business goals by delivering results and make things happen
- Ability to prioritize, power of initiative, able to question and challenge.
- Capable to understand the totality from an end-to-end perspective
- Interest in developing IKEA, share the IKEA values
- Interest in technique and machines
- Focusing on goal and to deliver result with a holistic view
- Exchanging information, knowledge and experience Goal- and delivery oriented.
- Improvement driven, with a “hands-on” practical approach to the work