Who you are
To ensure a holistic and proactive safety and security risk handling for respective country. Making sure priorities are well accepted and understood by the business stakeholders, ensuring risks are identified, assessed, and treated and by doing so, safeguarding our co-workers, customer, assets and the IKEA brand.
Essential Competency Required:
• Minimum NEBOSH Diploma
• Minimum Technical membership of IOSH
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of international occupational health & safety, ideally in a warehousing and transport environment.
• Ability to make well balanced decisions taking different business, people, and ethical perspectives into consideration
• Strong sense of integrity and high ethical standards.
A day in your life with us
• Support the realization of the Business Risk & Compliance plan within the customer fulfillment function
• Be the subject-matter expert and be able to apply IKEA, legal and industry best practice in safety in a complex warehousing, distribution and customer fulfillment network.
• Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders to secure the safety and security of customers, co-workers, units and assets throughout the country and all business within Ingka.
• Adapt, implement, and operate global occupational health & safety, fire safety and security frameworks based on risk context, business needs, local regulation, and legislation
• Facilitate and conduct operational risk assessments with stakeholders in all businesses and functions, develop risk treatment and monitor progress.
• Secure effective incident and crisis handling including registration, root cause analysis and loss estimation
• Responsible to coordinate Country Critical Information Flow to inform all relevant stakeholders quickly and appropriately in case of potential crisis.
• Perform internal investigations with the purpose to find facts and translate to preventative actions in, including root cause analysis, misconduct, and other internal crime
• Deliver subject matter expertise and guidance in the area of occupational health & safety, fire safety and security to provide support and secure operational excellence throughout the Country
• Secure the right competence and knowledge in units and country organisation by facilitating learning activities and competence networks
• Lead and inspire a risk and compliance performance mind-set, raise risk awareness, and promote a risk culture throughout the country organisation, and thereby support growth and maximization of business value.
Our team within Ikea
By integrating and applying risk and compliance frameworks into our processes, not only do we do it right from the start, but we also secure a more efficient and risk aware organisation resulting in a better performance. We aim to empower people and business to grasp the many opportunities and take responsible risks everyday while safeguarding and strengthening our people, customer relationships, our assets, and the IKEA brand.
What you need to know
This position is full time, you will work 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The Service Office principal location is Hybrid working a minimum of 8 days per calendar month in the office and the remainder flexibly working remotely at home.
To enable us to get to know you in the best way, we ask that you please include an up-to-date version of your CV with a cover letter.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview with the hiring team.
If you have any questions regarding the role or around the recruitment experience, please contact Cheryl Craig.
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talents to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs. Read more about the wonderful IKEA every day here: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/this-is-ikea/work-with-us/
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make a great idea a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognized for our diverse talents.