The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- To lead, develop and inspire the Graphic Communication team and other store functions in securing that store communication completes and amplifies the shopping experience and range presentation through IKEA visual and verbal identity thereby contributing to building consumers' perception of the IKEA brand in the local market as unique and consistent.
- Set clear expectations and standards regarding routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other store functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Secure high standards for good visual balance and consistency, quality and simplicity, cost-efficiency and sustainability in producing and implementing all store communication.
- Education and experience in graphic communication design, media and typography in fast retail & home furnishing
- Proven success in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes
- Hands-on experience in printing and installation
- Set and implement action plans over a number of years, set expectations, provide clear direction and follow up goals.
- Ability to combine and identify commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to create a trustful and creative environment.
- A natural ability to move smoothly from assessing the bigger picture to seeing the small details.
- Build trust and communicate clearly with different people and groups of people in various situations.
- Good analytical and strategic skills and the ability to steer the store business over the short-, mid- and long term.
- Computer proficiency i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
- Excellent spoken and written level of English and Bahasa Malaysia languages