Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing and food products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Americas region which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.Job description
The Office Intern will provide as needed support to the Office Manager and administrative team while also assisting with duties needed to successfully relocate our office.
This is an hourly role and limited time assignment until at least July 31st. End date is flexible.
- Order and maintain or inventory various office and kitchen supplies needed for the transition of the office
- Help coordinate office activities necessary for a successful move
- General administrative duties to include file management, creating documents in MS Office, data entry and other related duties as assigned
- Able to handle incoming deliveries; unpacking of boxes of supplies, preparing packages for outgoing deliveries some of which can weigh up to 50 pounds
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Maintain highest regard for confidentiality and discretion
- Detail-oriented, proactive and professional
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite of applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive, can-do attitude
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us