Vacatures > Country Visual Merchandising Leader
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
To inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA home furnishing offer with strong visual impressions that exceed visitors’ expectations. This will strengthen the IKEA Brand and convert more visitors into customers.
To secure Visual Merchandising and Range presentation in improving the shopping experience and building knowledge of consumer buying behavior in the local market thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA retailer as the home-furnishing specialist in every local market.
Responsibility for the visual merchandising related tasks during all commercial phases of the IKEA store establishment process.
The main task will be to secure an up to date and successful commercial planning and commercial build-up for areas of responsibility. This will be done by working closely within the commercial team as well as through leading and guiding a team of Visual Merchandising co-workers.
- Lead and inspire the Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers and develop their visual merchandising and range presentation competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in all units.
- Support the Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers in developing inspiring range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles and price levels by using global tools and national directions.
- Actively support in developing the country business plan and contribute to delivering the department action plan and ensuring that all layout and range presentation initiatives are focused on growing the IKEA business and supporting sustained long-term profitability.
- Together with S.O Sales Leaders and Commercial team secure that layout principles, guidelines and recommendations for all Medias are used as a base when remodeling or planning new solutions.
- Following the business plan priorities together with the Com&In team and S.O Commercial team adapt new CRS solutions and make it locally relevant.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results.
- Coach and support the Visual Merchandising/Activity Manager in the use of global tools, proven solutions, best practices and when needed make the global solutions locally relevant. This will guarantee high quality, simplicity and efficiency.
- Together with S.O functions plan Launches and Commercial calendar activities/campaigns, gather insights from market intelligence, and translate this knowledge into creative, aesthetic and commercial solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Develop Range Presentation guidelines to support Com&In teams in all units to present the range in a local relevant way keeping our brand identity.
- Visit IKEA units to secure a high quality implementation of ongoing re-builds and build-ups.
- Contribute with deep knowledge and home furnishing competence by actively doing workshops to develop Visual Merchandising teams in all units.
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to support the Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers in creative workshops to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- Secure your own successor and successors for all store Visual Merchandising/Activity Managers by constantly searching for potential new candidates and being actively involved in the their entire recruitment process.
- Ensure effective Range Presentation across all channels for the customer to understand the IKEA offer.
- Lead all related visual merchandising related tasks according to expansion “establishment task descriptions”. There is one task description for each main activity during the different commercial phases of the IKEA store establishment process
- ·Ensure the commercial brief is reflected in the result of the commercial planning and the commercial build-up of new units.
- Lead a team of Visual Merchandising co-workers according to establishment process.
- Ensure a timely, qualitative and consistent commercial planning and commercial build-up of all relevant Range presentation Medias.
- Evaluate the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers, verbally and in written, both after the commercial planning and the commercial build-up.
- Transfer Visual Merchandising specialist know-how regarding the establishment process to the local IKEA retail organization.
- Degree in Design or other related fields
- Significant experience of working as a Visual Merchandising/Activity Manager in an IKEA store.
- Proven success in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes within IKEA organizations.
- Experience of visually expressing the IKEA Brand identity.
- Creative and commercial visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrate clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
- Set and implement action plans over a number of years, set expectations, providing clear direction and following up goals.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Experience of problem solving.
- Computer proficient with the knowledge and experience of using relevant software.