IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Development and New Business has co-workers located across the world where Dhaka is one of our locations.Job description
We are looking for a project leader with a business development mindset, building the future and today in New Business using knowledge and experience of sourcing and supply chain.
As Project Leader your core focus will be on Identifying and acting on new purchasing possibilities in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up. You are also responsible to create business case and lead the implementation in accordance with assignments from different Categories and different stakeholders.
About the assignment
As a Project Leader in New Business, PLASA.
You are expected;
- Establish & develop high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet the needs of our business and customer
- Aims for the wished position of being the preferred business partner for new IKEA suppliers.
- Optimize our value chain that can make better products and service at lower total cost for the many people
- Lead and implement new sourcing capacities within the area of him/her assignment
- Act as One IKEA Purchasing along our core processes, together with relevant functions and people contributing towards IKEA business objectives
- Responsible for building professional and long-term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Identify and start-up new suppliers together with Business developer according to business needs
- Lower total cost trough optimized value chain.
- Lead identification of new business potentials, create business case and implement the actions with suppliers which delivers to the agreed assignments
- Partner with new suppliers to continuously increase the competitiveness through new purchasing possibilities such as new technology, new material and/or production techniques
- Lead the business agenda by involving & engaging competence needed such as logistics, quality, manufacturing, sustainability, etc..
- Be an IKEA ambassador of IKEA values and do business with Fact-based Business Leadership
What you bring with you?
From your previous work experience you bring;
- Home furnishing knowledge and experience
- Purchase or business experience in working with Total Cost Approach
- Experience in supplier development Strong Analytical skills
- Relevant market/industry knowledge Project Management experience
- Indirect Leadership
Who are you?
We are looking for you who are an optimistic entrepreneur with a “can do” attitude. Nothing is impossible! You will lead business with a holistic view.
- Strong engineering experience/skills from multiple industries, preferably Natural fiber, Metal, Textile and Glass/Mirror industry.
- Your background is from business development, and you have good insights about how our purchasing process is working.
- You see new businesses with an analytical, structured, and methodical way.
- You have excellent communication skills with ability to build internal and external networks.
- Deep knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production
- Ability to lead business with a holistic view; always act with the Customer, Supplier, Total IKEA and Total Cost development in mind
- Capability to deliver results through involving and engaging people
- Capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver results
- Capability to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations
- Capability to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term business partnership
- Capability to create sense of togetherness, belonging and trust within a team
We would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English by 15th June 2023. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.
For more information about the role, please contact Hiring Manager Joakim Ankelhed, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about the recruitment process you can reach our Huong, Le Thi My, Recruiter at email@example.com