Vacatures > Expansion Development Leader | IKEA Expansion | Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally. Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com.
About the assignment of IKEA Expansion
- Lead one way of expanding to capture the potential in all existing and new IKEA markets.
- Provide a menu of digital and physical IKEA Customer Meeting Points.
- Secure strong and mutually respected franchisee relations
- In the Expansion Development team, we lead one way of expanding and enable franchise business development across IKEA value chain to capture the many people potential in existing and new IKEA markets.
- Together with franchisees and other business partners identify the market potential in existing and new markets.
- Lead the IKEA expansion plan by defining when, where and with whom to expand.
- Support the franchisees to develop how to capture the potential.
- Support IKEA with common methods, tools and processes for expansion.
As an Expansion Development Leader at IKEA Expansion, your assignment is to make sure that existing markets are delivering to their potential, in close collaboration with the Retail Management of our franchisees and IKEA Range and IKEA Supply partners. You connect across Core Business Franchise to explore business development opportunities in a particular market, defining the mix of customer meeting points, services and customer fulfilment capabilities to capture the market potential and provide input to the conceptual offer development.
Together with the team of stakeholders you propose new markets and deliver a Market Penetration Plan that defines WHERE and WHEN to expand (aligned up- and downstream in the IKEA value chain).
You love to see IKEA grow and you want to be part of IKEA’s expansion in existing and new markets. You are eager to reach more of the many people and achieve IKEA 3 billion people objective. You enjoy to explore opportunities together with others and turn them into concrete plans and actions. You have a strong track record of building trustful relationships with your stakeholders
You have strong knowledge of retail development practices and have a view on how IKEA can create a competitive advantage. Ideally, you have significant business development experience in multi-channel retailing industries including at least 5 years in a senior leadership / managerial role (e.g. within IKEA: Country management or global business leader role in Retail, Business Area Management in IKEA of Sweden, Category Area or PLA Manager in Supply or above, etc.)
You know how to lead business agenda and projects across organisations in a collaborative way and delivering results through others
You are able to build trustful relations with stakeholders, business partners and franchisees and enable entrepreneurship of the many by being humanistic and inclusive
You are motivated to lead with a global perspective, always leading by example, you enjoy working in a fast-paced, global, multicultural and changing environment and enjoy leading and involving others in an assignment
You have the capability to navigate and lead business and people in complexity, ambiguity and a fast-changing environment and to collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network
You have strong willingness and motivation to grow from this senior position to an even bigger role/taking bigger responsibilities
This is a full time role (40 hours per week) will be located in Delft, Netherlands.
1st March 2021 is the closing date to apply for this role. Please send your application – CV and motivation – in English and tell us why you would be a good fit.
If you have any questions reg. this role or the process, please connect with the People & Culture Leader Li Yin.
We can’t wait to hear from you!