The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
Reporting to the Facilities Team Leader, you will support the Facilities team and contribute to the management and maintenance of both building facilities and store assets in order to create a safe, clean, and functional environment that strongly supports the core business of IKEA. IKEA Sukhumvit will be part of the Emsphere retail development on Sukhumvit Road and is due to open in December 2023.
- Manage the facility operations, energy consumption, and maintenance of the facilities infrastructure, buildings, with the aim of being operationally efficient.
- Ensure all works minimise disruption, risk and inconvenience to co-workers, visitors and customers.
- Investigate and trouble shoot all equipment (including food production equipment) failures and malfunctions before calling outside repairmen, affect limited repairs that is within IKEA's own in-house maintenance team ability and capability. If the issue is unforeseen, discuss / evaluate maintenance problem / service calls and agree to service delivery solution before calling in Service Office.
- Actively engage with stakeholders in fire prevention, safety and security.
- Ensure that our buildings and property are compliant to statutory legal requirements and that IKEAs’ rules and regulations, Policies and SOP’s are adhered to.
- Coordinate and supervise work performed by outside contractors for maintenance as per IKEA Policy, Supervise the works of contractors in compliance with their PPM, in house rules, safety and emergency procedures, Ensure that the services and assets are being delivered and maintained to IKEA SEAMEX expectations. Monitor Facilities Management contracts for compliance, while ensuring they comply with their scope of works, delivering best products & services at minimum expense.
- Cooperate with the operational and engineering departments of the Shopping Center/Mall.
- To confidently prioritise and manage time efficiently to complete tasks identified by your superior and through one's own initiative.
- Property, Technical or Engineering Degree or Diploma from a recognised institution (university or polytech) or relevant trade experience in Property and Facilities Management.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in facilities management/maintenance management/ building operations maintenance. Hands on knowledge in handling all technical aspects of building and facilities management with Project Management Experience.
- Well versed in all local laws & regulations governing property maintenance, building management, statutory compliance and certification and licences.
- Experienced in Construction Management, knowledge of & experience in Commercial Contract Management and Law, able to alter /draft facilities management contracts for review.
- Skilled in report writing and presentations. Must be able to communicate clearly business and technical concepts and issues to fellow co-workers and senior management.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and must be able to share knowledge and learnings with others.
- Must be able to communicate and understand English - speaking and technical writing.
Please apply by 31 May 2023.