What you need to know
At Group Digital, we put people first and use data & technology as a force of good for more of the many. We drive digitalization and operational performance across IKEA using leading edge technologies in a fast-paced agile model. At the same time, we develop digital competence and create behavioral shift, accelerate digital ethics and responsible AI.
Our mission in Insights and Business Safeguarding is to maximize entrepreneurship and performance of our colleagues through digitalization and simplification, so that we can monitor, steer, plan and safeguard our business. Our ambition is to become leading product teams delivering valuable and user-friendly products and services to colleagues, to help them be more productive and successful. We deliver a business safeguarding framework allowing for improved identification of risks and reaction to existing and evolving IKEA landscape.
What you'll need to have
The product stack we are managing is used by many in IKEA that relies on us providing stable, available, secure, and compliant platforms. We need to be on-top of the market and early understand trends in the Analytic area to provide the capabilities that supports the business needs.
As a system engineer, you will be part of a global product team with an agile mindset and ways of working. You will maintain, support, and enhance the Planning and Forecasting capabilities to IKEA users. Together with the team will you ensure that our delivery is catering for the needs of our business when it comes to functionality, security, and availability.
We want to deliver a trustworthy platform and at the same time support our stakeholders in their journey.
? 3 + years of hands-on experience about Analytic tools, such Qlik Sense and PowerBI
? Knowledge of security concepts and how compliance may impact business
? Experience with technical implementations
? Experience with enterprise cloud environments
? Experience in data modeling, different data base technologies and architecture paradigm
? Ability to review and critique architecture recommendations
? Establish, document, and ensure adherence to engineering best practice
? Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and processes clearly at an appropriate level to a wide range of both technical and no-technical audiences
? Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, network and build strong relations within and outside the team
? Several years working in an agile culture where change and continuous improvement is natural
? Experience from working in distributed and global product team
A day in your life with us
As a System Engineer you are responsible for system configuration and compliance for the analytic tools within our digital organization. You will be a part of a Product team with about 10 persons. We have a cloud first agenda, adhere to modern engineering principles, utilize the proper tools, and automate were propriate to enable a resilient service.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop, run and maintain assigned product or service using the right toolsets required in order to meet consumer expectations on the delivery
• Develop architecture in accordance with good practices and agreed standards, to ensure delivery according to requirements and compliance
• Work in agile teams across areas, contributing to the development and maintenance of products and services
• Apply and promote good engineering practices, including continuous integration and delivery, within an agile/iterative development approach to improve time to market and fulfill business needs
• Expose data to our stakeholders
• Ensure compliance to security and privacy regulation
• Evaluate existing systems and provide technical direction
• Deliver tests, performance analysis, configuration management and creation of functional/feature specifications to improve the product/service delivery
• Prototype new ideas, both individually and across teams. You are fully encouraged to fail and learn than stay where you are.
• Provide support and guidance as needed to continuously improve as a team in the latest engineering practices and technologies
Together as a team
We’re the ones who make it possible for people to have a smarter life at home and a hassle-free and rewarding shopping experience. Together we work to find new digital solutions for every business need to help make IKEA a great and efficient place to work. We like to think of ourselves as innovative and modern, and we believe that nothing would actually work without us.