Purchasing & Logistics Areas is one of eight organizational units under IKEA Supply, which is one of the core businesses of Inter IKEA Group. IKEA Supply has the responsibility to produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. The total product range is almost 10,000 products. We have about 1500 suppliers worldwide in 50 countries who are manufacturing IKEA products.
Are you a person who believe in a better future?
Do you want to contribute to it? The Purchasing & Logistics Area South Asia is a region full of opportunities and IKEA is right now on a journey of expanding our business as well as actively contributing to lots of initiatives to create a better everyday life for the many people, not only in people’s home but also in our society.
That’s why we are now looking for a Communication Business Partner with passion for inspiring others through communication for ‘Purchasing & Logistics Area South Asia, a region covering India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
About the job
As Communication Business Partner for Purchasing & Logistic Area South Asia you will be part of the management team and report to the Purchasing & Logistics Area Manager South Asia. You will be responsible for leading the communication agenda in the region as well as be part of global networks where you contribute to the IKEA Supply communication agenda.
· Be a strategic and tactical partner to define & enable communication needs and goals
· Contribute to the overall IKEA Supply communication strategy, content strategy and communication channel landscape.
· Collaborate with other IKEA units in the region to create a strong brand position in the market.
· Support the development of communication competence within the Area and its stakeholders and enable others to lead with communication. Create strong coworker ambassadors to amplify key messages.
· Identify and share stories and good examples from the Purchasing & Logistics Area that can strengthen IKEA’s brand position
· Supporting change and transformation projects and processes
· Manage crisis communication related to the Purchasing & Logistics Area
· Participate and contribute to relevant networks and cross-functional assignments
· Manage external stakeholder relations and contribute to external communication in the Area
We do believe our candidate demonstrates the following capabilities, knowledge & motivation:
• Proven experience of working with business and internal communication strategy, planning and execution and an understanding of how communication supports and increases the impact of a business agenda.
• Proven experience of working with communication in change management and organizational development.
• Understanding of the changing communication landscape including social media
• Understand how to segment audiences and strengthen key messages to support different audience needs and situations.
• Proven experience working with external stakeholder management and relationship building
• A good team player, enjoying a diverse and multicultural workplace & good at building relationships in across organization's in relation to both communication and business.
• Strong facilitation skills as well as coaching skills
• Be fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Live and share the IKEA culture & values
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment
• Ability to simplify and organize complex issues and always strive to improve efficiency
The location for the position will be in India, Bengaluru. Please apply in English before 31st May 2021. Please also note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact recruiting manager – Marius Martinaitis, Purchasing & Logistics Area Manager, South Asia.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Jaswinder Sharma, People & Culture Generalist.