Who you are
• University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Sustainability or Forestry or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred
• Preferable experience of commercial, biological and sustainability aspects of forest management and forestland valuation.
• 5 years of experience in similar environment with proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets and goals, and working on business plans. This includes setting and implementing action plans and providing clear direction and following up goals
• Minimum 5 years of solid leadership experience of leading in a changing environment with ability to motivate, inspire and develop the team
• Experience in multi-investments with $1 Million + in revenue is strongly preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Experience of meeting and interacting with external media.
A day in your life with us
•Play an active role in the portfolio management team for Forestland and Renewable Energy:
o To make sure that the portfolio risk/return objectives are met
o Investments allocated to countries and projects with the best risk/return profile
o Steering the job functions with cross border assignments (portfolio function team)
o Enabling best practice sharing
o Drive setting the right KPIs and system to monitor the portfolio performance
•Develop, lead and deliver a sustainable long-term plan for value creation at the existing country portfolio ensuring that the financial and strategic objectives are met.
•Support growth of the portfolio ensuring that acquisitions are done according to the criteria set by the relevant governing documents.
•Lead the business in a lean and simple way by using the foundation of the company concept and best practice while at the same time challenging the organization to improve ways of working and identify and develop new business.
•Create and implement a country forestland and renewable energy business plan that combines the company strategies and priorities, and which secures coherent and consistent messages to our customers and consumers in the country.
•Ensure that all units work ethically and in compliance with internal regulations and external laws including legislation relating to risk, environment, health and safety.
•Develop, lead and deliver a well-functioning governance and compliance framework in the organization in compliance, strengthening Ingka Investments Forestland and renewable energy organization and protect people and assets, through developing and maintaining a risk aware culture and monitoring compliance activities.
•Lead, coach and develop a high performing team that will strongly contribute to reach the objectives and goals.
•Lead and develop the function in respect of both people and competences; identify and develop talents and ensure succession planning.
•Create an environment where the company culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
Together as a Team
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. We have knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs and we constantly find new ways of making real connections with our customers to maximize sales and profitability. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life!
Job Type-Permanent, Salaried
Benefits Eligible- yes
The salary pay range for this role is $152,814.00-$233,201.00. We offer competitive benefits and perks, such as medical and Rx*, dental, vision, 401k, meal deal, store discount, autism coverage, parental leave, pet insurance, education assistance and more.”
*this role requires up to 50% travel